Using International Number Separators with LogTen Pro X
If you are an international customer of LogTen Pro, or if you simply prefer entering flight times in LogTen Pro using commas for your decimal point rather than periods/dots/full stops, you may encounter some strange behavior when entering flight times or when importing other logbook data into LogTen Pro.
In short, LogTen Pro will accept either periods or commas as the decimal number separator, but it has to match the setting on your Mac. With Mac OS X 10.7 or later, you can check your preference setting by launching System Preferences -> Language & Text pane -> Formats tab, and verifying your Number Separators near the bottom of this window.
With Mac OS X 10.9 you can check your preference setting by launching System Preferences -> Language and Region -> Advanced and verifying your Number separators.
On an iOS device, this is based on the region format the device is set to. You can change this by going to Settings-> General -> International -> Region Format.
Be sure to set LogTen Pro to use a decimal Flight Time Format also. Go to the LogTen Pro menu -> Preferences -> General tab to change this setting.
You can now enter decimals for Flight Time in LogTen Pro to match your Mac's Number Separator preference setting! However, please note the following:
- Only enter flight time values to match your Mac's setting. ie:
if your Mac is configured to accept commas as the decimal, you will
find that entering flight times with a period will not save, nor
will your Total Time autofill a PIC value, etc.
- If you're importing data from a file, please verify that all flight times decimals match your Mac's setting and use the same number separator throughout all entries. ie: don't mix commas and periods.
- Although LogTenPro will accept periods or commas as flight time inputs in the Logbook list or detail view (depending on your Mac's setting), it will always display periods as the number separator in the Logbook and Reports.
- How to print your logbook from your iOS device (iPad/iPhone/iPod)
- Harnessing the power of Smart Groups on LogTen Pro X for iOS
- Save Time With Auto-Fill Times on LogTen Pro X for iOS
- Extracting Data directly from your device or an iTunes Backup on a Mac
- How To Customize Default Roles with iOS
- View all