Upgrading to LogTen Pro X
All of your previous LogTen Pro data will seamlessly transfer to LogTen Pro X on your Mac or your iOS device! The first time you open LogTen Pro X, you’ll be asked if you want to transfer your data, and you’ll be ready to go in a couple clicks.
Note: Don’t worry about your logbook! This process is read-only, so your logbook file from the previous version will not be altered, and is only copied into the new database format.
When you start LogTen Pro X on a Mac, you’ll be asked if you’re a New User or Existing User. Choose Existing User and you will be asked to select your previous logbook data to transfer.
This window will automatically open to the LogTen Data folder. Just click Import, and your data will be migrated into the new version.
Note: If you are upgrading and have your logbook in Dropbox, you'll need to import your logbook into LTP X differently. To upgrade your logbook and set your default location, press and hold the [ option ] key while starting LogTen Pro X. Instead of opening the default location, you will be prompted to choose a different logbook, so navigate to your Dropbox folder, and select the folder containing your logbook. Check the box to "Remember this location" and then click Open. Next time LogTen Pro is opened, it will default to the file you have just selected.
Your logbook is stored as a ".logten" file extension, usually in your Documents folder. It is also generally titled something like "[Your Name]'s Logbook.logten" but you may have saved it differently. Locate and select this file, click Import, and your data will be migrated into the new version.
Your logbook database requires an additional migration step utilizing older system frameworks. Please contact our support team and attach your logbook file. This will be a file with a “.logten” or a “.ltps” extension, usually saved in your Documents folder.
or migrated the wrong logbook, you will have to delete your current logbook to reinstate the import dialog as follows:
- On your Mac, please close LogTen Pro X
- Then open up Finder, press command+shift+g, and put in: ~/Library/Containers/com.coradine.LogTenProX/Data/Documents/
- Then delete the LogTenProData folder
- Launch LogTen Pro X again and you will be greeted with the new or existing user dialog
The first time you open LogTen Pro X, it will check for an existing LogTen Pro 6 application, and ask if you would like to transfer the logbook.
- Confirm that you'd like to transfer the logbook
- Give permission to send logbook from LogTen Pro 6 to LogTen Pro X
- Accept the transferred logbook
You can also migrate your previous logbook by going to More >> Settings >> General >> Transfer Logbook From: and select your LTP 6 logbook.
Note: If you receive an "Unable to receive transferred data" error, please restart your device. Sometimes iOS doesn't allow this to function properly immediately after the application is installed.
New restrictions in iOS 7+ no longer allow these applications to send their data automatically, but you can still transfer your data with the assistance of our support team. There are two ways for you retrieve your data:
- Create an iTunes backup of your iOS device, and extract the logbook file.
- Logbook Extraction on Mac
- Logbook Extraction on PC.
- If you can’t get the logbook using the extraction process, you can export your data using the Export Flights (Tab) format, and email the resulting file to yourself.
- Contact our support team with the data from either method and we’ll get it ready for LogTen Pro X to install via a simple one-tap download.
If you have over 250 hours of flight time you'll be asked to purchase a subscription to LogTen Pro X when the logbook has transferred. See our article About LTPX Subscriptions for details.
Contact us if you have any problems!