About the LogTen Pro for iOS 6.0.11 Update
Version 6.0.11 is a free update to all version 6 users of the following LogTen Pro Pilot Logbook applications:
- LogTen Pro for iPhone
- LogTen Pro for iPad
- LogTen Pro Universal
- More than 80 places updated or added to our internal airports
- Addressed an issue where adding devices to sync may not display pair code
- Addressed an issue where the App could unexpectedly quit if the default New Person is removed on initial launch
- Addresses a stability issue with Journal Entries for some customers running iOS 5
- Addresses a stability issue if multiple aircraft types exist as criteria within a Smart Group
- Addresses orientation issues for some customers with progress, sync, and signature views
- Corrects a Currency group and Limit graph issue seen with 6.0.10
- Minor bug fixes, stability, and performance improvements
- Addressed an international date formatting issue with some JAA Reports
- Addressed an issue with Canadian TC 704 flight limits
- Added signatures to Jeppesen Pro 19 Reports
Note: Before updating, we strongly recommend backing up your data using the steps in the section below.
To update, simply launch the App Store app from your iOS device and select Updates. Find the LogTen Pro app from the list and select Update.
There are a few ways to back up your iOS device's logbook: iCloud, iTunes, & Email
iCloud - iOS 5 includes an automatic iCloud backup system. The iCloud Backup page on Apple's website includes details on setting it up. The downside of this backup approach is that it is not possible to restore data for individual apps, which can make the restore process inconvenient.
iTunes - Unless iCloud backup is on, iTunes will make a backup of your iOS device almost every time you sync with it. If do use the iCloud backup, you can also make a backup of your device in iTunes manually. To make a manual iTunes backup, plug in your device, and open iTunes. Then, right-click your device in the left sidebar, and select Back Up. If anything ever happens to your device, there is a free tool that can be used to extract application data from iTunes backup files.
Email - You can email a copy of your logbook to yourself quite easily. Within LogTen Pro on your iOS device, go to the More tab, and select Help. Switch on "Attach logbook (recommended)" and then tap Email Support. This will create a new email with a copy of your logbook file attached. The default recipient is our support center, but you can change this to your personal email, and keep a copy of your logbook file in your email as a backup. If anything happens to your device, we can send this file back to you to download directly into your LogTen Pro app!
With the earlier 6.0.7 release, LogTen Pro updated it's unique identifiers used by the Sync mechanism to meet Apple's plan for deprecating UDID usage.
Note: If you encounter slow syncing, it is recommended that you update all LogTen Pro iOS devices to the latest version (6.0.11), un-pair all of your devices, and re-pair only the devices you continue to use.