About the LogTen Pro for iOS 6.0.12 Update
Version 6.0.12 is a free update to all version 6 users of the following LogTen Pro Pilot Logbook applications:
- LogTen Pro for iPhone
- LogTen Pro for iPad
- LogTen Pro Universal
- This update's primary focus was on stability. We've worked hard
on stability because we value our customer's trust in LogTen Pro to
safeguard their logged flights and memories. Included are fixes for
the following known items:
- Improved support for crew searches with international characters
- Improved performance and reliability for large logbooks with many photo attachments
- Radar performance improved by up to 50%
- Usage Statistics: In order to further improve LogTen Pro, we have enabled the collection of anonymous usage statistics and direct delivery of crash reports. Should you wish to opt-out of this data collection, you can change your preference in the Settings pane. For more information on what is collected, please see this article.
- Addressed an issue where group calculations may use UTC time instead of the selected "Calendar Days" option
- Corrected a Night Time calculation issue for a small number of users when used with Duty Time
- More than 20 places updated or added to our internal airports
- Added several more Aircraft Type Designators to our internal
- additional Falcon types
- the Evektor Sportstar family
- the Boeing 787 family
- the Cessna Corvalis family
- Corrected the Hong Kong report from displaying both SIC/P2 and P2X times
- Addressed an issue where some Report date ranges may use UTC time instead of the selected "Local Time" option
- Added Flight # information into the Remarks field on all Canadian reports
- Addressed an issue with the ASA Master report incorrectly displaying all SEL and MEL time in the ASEL and AMEL columns
- Addressed an issue where iCal Exports may use UTC dates instead of the selected "Local Time"
- Updated Brazilian Logbook Report to correctly display SE and ME times
- Added Simulator Instructing (SFI/SFE) Time to all JAA and JAR reports
- Added Australian ASA FDTL Report
- Added UK Royal Navy Logbook Report
- Updated PIC column formatting on the JAA JAR-FCL Compliant 26 A4 report
- Added Sporty's Logbook format
- Added Switzerland FOCA A5 logbook format
- Updated Summary for AirlineApps.com Report columns to include Solo time, as well as the total number of approaches for the last 6 & 12 months
- Added EASA FTDL Report
Note: Before updating, we strongly recommend backing up your data using the steps in the section below.
To update, simply launch the App Store app from your iOS device and select Updates. Find the LogTen Pro app from the list and select Update.
There are a few ways to back up your iOS device's logbook: iCloud, iTunes, & Email
iCloud - iOS 5 includes an automatic iCloud backup system. The iCloud Backup page on Apple's website includes details on setting it up. The downside of this backup approach is that it is not possible to restore data for individual apps, which can make the restore process inconvenient.
iTunes - Unless iCloud backup is on, iTunes will make a backup of your iOS device almost every time you sync with it. If do use the iCloud backup, you can also make a backup of your device in iTunes manually. To make a manual iTunes backup, plug in your device, and open iTunes. Then, right-click your device in the left sidebar, and select Back Up. If anything ever happens to your device, there is a free tool that can be used to extract application data from iTunes backup files.
Email - You can email a copy of your logbook to yourself quite easily. Within LogTen Pro on your iOS device, go to the More tab, and select Help. Switch on "Attach logbook (recommended)" and then tap Email Support. This will create a new email with a copy of your logbook file attached. The default recipient is our support center, but you can change this to your personal email, and keep a copy of your logbook file in your email as a backup. If anything happens to your device, we can send this file back to you to download directly into your LogTen Pro app!
With the earlier 6.0.7 release, LogTen Pro updated it's unique identifiers used by the Sync mechanism to meet Apple's plan for deprecating UDID usage.
Note: If you encounter slow syncing, it is recommended that you update all LogTen Pro iOS devices to the latest version (6.0.12), un-pair all of your devices, and re-pair only the devices you continue to use.