About the LogTen Pro for iOS 6.0.9 Update
Version 6.0.9 is a free update to all version 6 users of the following LogTen Pro Pilot Logbook applications:
- LogTen Pro for iPhone
- LogTen Pro for iPad
- LogTen Pro Universal
How to update from an earlier version of LogTen Pro for iOS version 6
Note: Before updating, we strongly recommend backing up your data using the steps in the section below.
To update, simply launch the App Store app from your iOS device and select Updates. Find the LogTen Pro app from the list and select Update.
Backup your data
There are a few ways to back up your iOS device's logbook: iCloud, iTunes, & Email
iCloud - iOS 5 includes an automatic iCloud backup system. The iCloud Backup page on Apple's website includes details on setting it up. The downside of this backup approach is that it is not possible to restore data for individual apps, which can make the restore process inconvenient.
iTunes - Unless iCloud backup is on, iTunes will make a backup of your iOS device almost every time you sync with it. If do use the iCloud backup, you can also make a backup of your device in iTunes manually. To make a manual iTunes backup, plug in your device, and open iTunes. Then, right-click your device in the left sidebar, and select Back Up. If anything ever happens to your device, there is a free tool that can be used to extract application data from iTunes backup files.
Email - You can email a copy of your logbook to yourself quite easily. Within LogTen Pro on your iOS device, go to the More tab, and select Help. Switch on "Attach logbook (recommended)" and then tap Email Support. This will create a new email with a copy of your logbook file attached. The default recipient is our support center, but you can change this to your personal email, and keep a copy of your logbook file in your email as a backup. If anything happens to your device, we can send this file back to you to download directly into your LogTen Pro app!
- Minor bug fixes and performance improvements
- Addressed an issue where some search filters may not appear in Landscape mode on Retina displays
- Addressed an issue where Smart groups may not update immediately after launch
- Addressed an issue where some flights may not appear in iOS reports on the Report Start Date
- Improved performance when importing shared logbooks
- Improved the readability of expiring certificates on the Radar page
- Added "Off Strip" to new Place types
- Added ability to Adjust total (flight time) by minutes
- Improved the latitude / longitude entry methods
- Addressed an issue with the 'Share Logbook' feature causing problems with Hotmail or Gmail users
Updated Reports and Exporters
- Improved the alignment of the JAA JAR-FCL Compliant 18 Report
- Updated all New Zealand and Australia Reports to display multiple crew members better
- Improved all Canadian Reports to prevent Crew names from being cut off on printed layouts
- Addressed an issue where signatures may not appear on the Basic Endorsement report
Syncing and Re-pairing
With the earlier 6.0.7 release, LogTen Pro updated it's unique identifiers used by the Sync mechanism to meet Apple's plan for deprecating UDID usage. When you first sync your devices, you will be prompted to re-pair your devices.
Note: If you encounter slow syncing, it is recommended that you update all LogTen Pro iOS devices to the latest version (6.0.9), un-pair all of your devices, and re-pair only the devices you continue to use.