About the LogTen Pro for Mac 6.0.9 Update
Version 6.0.9 is a free update to all version 6 users of the LogTen Pro Pilot Logbook.
How to update from an earlier version of LogTen Pro for Mac version 6
Note: Before updating, we strongly recommend backing up your data using the steps in the section below.
To update, simply launch the App Store app from your Mac and select Updates. Find the LogTen Pro app from the list and select Update.
Backup your data
To backup your current LogTen Pro Mac file:
- Open up a Finder window
- Press command+shift+g to open a "go to" dialog
- Copy the following into the "go to" dialog":
- Copy the LogTenProData folder, and paste it wherever you would like to keep your backup (I keep a specific LogTen Pro Backup folder on an external hard drive).
- Rename the backup folder "LogTenProData 08-14-12" (with the current date) for easy identification
- Minor bug fixes and performance improvements
- Updated Mac resources to support Retina displays
- Users can now sign up for the Coradine newsletter the Help menu
- Addressed an issue with the "Last Sync" field on the Device page not updating immediately after a sync
- Updated the Aircraft Registry Lookup URL for The Netherlands
- Addressed an issue where ICS files may not import correctly
- Improved Flight imports to calculate duty times for imported legs
- Improved search within People records to search all Crew fields
- Addressed an issue where FedEx imports may incorrectly import to the following day
- Updated the SABRE importer causing imports to be displayed in the wrong month
- Updated the CrewTrac Pairing importer to handle flights over the International Date Line
- Added "Off Strip" to new Place types
- Added ability to Adjust total (flight time) by minutes
- Improved the latitude / longitude entry methods
- Addressed an issue with the 'Share Logbook' feature causing problems with Hotmail or Gmail users
Updated Reports and Exporters
- Improved the alignment of the JAA JAR-FCL Compliant 18 Report
- Updated all New Zealand and Australia Reports to display multiple crew members better
- Improved all Canadian Reports to prevent Crew names from being cut off on printed layouts
- Addressed an issue where signatures may not appear on the Basic Endorsement report
Syncing and Re-pairing
With the earlier 6.0.7 release, LogTen Pro updated it's unique identifiers used by the Sync mechanism to meet Apple's plan for deprecating UDID usage. When you first sync your devices, you will be prompted to re-pair your devices.
Note: If you encounter slow syncing, it is recommended that you update all LogTen Pro iOS devices to the latest version (6.0.9), un-pair all of your devices, and re-pair only the devices you continue to use.